Domestic Violence Prevention
BayLegal’s Domestic Violence Prevention Project takes a holistic approach to representing survivors from all walks of life. The family law unit’s services are designed to empower survivors with the information and options they need to stop the abuse and build safe, stable lives for themselves and their children. The project offers free legal assistance in obtaining restraining orders, divorces, support orders, safe custody and visitation orders.
BayLegal’s Domestic Violence Prevention practice work includes helping survivors with:
- Temporary Restraining Orders (TROs– see clinic schedule below)
- Divorce, legal separation or annulments
- Child or spousal support
- Custody and visitation orders
- Battered spouse waivers
- Violence Against Women Act (VAWA) enforcement
- Immigration issues faced by domestic violence survivors
- Training and community education
- NOTE: BayLegal does NOT handle DACA matters or other immigration matters. Please contact Catholic Charities or International Institute of the Bay Area for more information
Please call our Legal Advice Line if you are trying to escape domestic violence and need legal help. Please call 9-1-1 if you are experiencing an emergency.
Domestic Violence Temporary Restraining Order Clinics:
- Rewood City (RC): 1048 El Camino Real, Suite A — Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays at 9am. + Wednesdays at 1:30pm.
- South San Francisco (SSF): 1050 Old Mission Road — Thursdays at 9am.
- Daly City (DC): 350 90th st — Tuesdays at 1pm.
- Richmond (RM): Superior Court 100 37th Street — Wednesdays at 9am
- Pittsburg (PB): Superior Court 1000 Center Drive, Self-Help Center, Tuesdays at 9am
- Concord (CC): (888) 215-5555, Thursdays 9 a.m. by appointment
↓ Clinic Schedule at a Glance ↓
For more resources for domestic violence or family law issues, please click here.